- The seqno field is defined as an int4 that allows for a maximum
seqno of 2,147,483,647. Script file zresetseqno is used for
automatically resetting the sequence number.
- There is an internal buffer in the zLog class which is
initialized to 1024 bytes. Any prgram which uses the
zLog::writeFmtLog ( ) method will need to potentially expand the
internal buffer size to an adequate size.
- Supplied sample programs do not support binary data (specifically with
- The simple design of the engine is sound. Limits that may be encountered
will be related to hardware limitations, the DBMS, communication protocols,
and sample programs.
- If you run into limitations, you can either modify the library
under the terms of the GNU GPL or contact HSC.
- The current version is not setup to handle batch type file transactions,
though this functionality could be built if it is needed.
Visit the GNU home page.
FSF & GNU inquiries & questions to
Comments on these web pages to
Copyright (C) 2003 HealthCare Systems and Consulting
Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is
permitted in any medium, provided this notice is preserved.
Last updated: 07/21/2003